Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of Kindergarten

The time has finally come for my sweet girl to start Kindergarten. I cannot believe that it is already here. Honestly, I have been very emotional about this chapter starting in our lives. Not only is she my only baby, but she hasn't been in preschool or even any Mother's Day Out programs. This will be her first "school" experience and also the first time I hand her off to someone else. It will be a big change for us and as it breaks my heart a bit, I know that we will be just fine.

I've been saving this book for almost a year now. Addison's fairy brought it to her Sunday morning so that we could read it together that night. She was so excited and I'm glad that we had a few extra special moments before bed that night.

THE BIG DAY! 

Cameran went into work late this morning so he can come walk her in with me. It did throw off our usual morning schedule of getting dressed & out the door, but we made it there in plenty of time. Addison woke up to snapchats from my parents, a text from Peaches, and facetime call from Uncle Wee Wee. She loved that everyone was thinking about her & wishing her a great first day. This girl is SO loved.


My sister was starting her first day of Senior Year the same day & we kept talking about how cool it would be to somehow get a First Day of School picture with the two of them. Since they live about an hour away, it wasn't really possible to do it in the morning before school starts, so we had a practice First Day of School pictures on Saturday. I love that we did this.


Addison has been so excited for school to start and has been counting down the days every morning. She wanted to hold hands as we walked into the school, but when got to her classroom, she went right in. I'm so proud of how big and brave she was. I teared up a little bit as we said our goodbyes, but thankfully I made it home before the crying began.


I was anxious most of the day & kept checking the schedule to see what she was doing at that moment. I'm so glad I have sweet friends who called and messaged me! Thank you all for thinking of me! <3 Time went by much faster than I thought it would & I was so thankful. I couldn't wait to hear about her day. Sidenote: I'm super impressed by the efficiency and ease of the car rider pickup line. It was a breeze!


When she jumped in the car, she squeezed my arm, gave me a kiss, and said "Mommy can we watch Beauty & The Beast & snuggle on the couch?" It made me laugh and smile that that was the first thing she said. She also said she had a great day & was excited for tomorrow.


The rest of the afternoon was filled with lots of chatter about her day and school and of course lots of phone calls from everyone wanting to hear about her day. It was a rainy day so they stayed inside for recess and learned some dances with songs and she kept singing it the rest of the night.


We survived. I'm so thankful she loves school so far & I hope that it continues to be that way. Can't wait to hear about her day today!


1 comment:

  1. Yay- more time to blog :)
    I'm sure it's similar to our first days at daycare, especially Sarah. But you'll adapt. She will do great I'm sure. I only teared up because Sarah cried getting on the bus. But no tears since then and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete