Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013 Edition

Alright, I know this is really late, but I've been a slacker lately. We mailed out the Grandparent Valentine's cards last week & I wanted them to see them in person before I posted them on here.
Addison helping make Cookies for friends.
My mom was over one day Valentine's week and we went to working on finishing up on Valentine's for Addison's friends and my swim team. I am so thankful she was here because it was a lot more work then I was expecting. (THANKS MOM!) Addison even got to help out this year. Her job was to roll the dough in sugar. Yummy!

Addison & Gigi
Ready to Pass out Valentines!
The next day was our Valentine's lunch with Addison's playgroup. It ended up being a cold day and most of the playgrounds were muddy so the playdate got moved to McDonalds. I wasn't a huge fan of the playground there, but it was great to see our friends.


Here are our Valentines we made for the playgroup: 

 

I saw this idea on Pinterest (of course) and LOVED it. One of Addison's favorite things to play with is these little animals and thought it was a great idea because its not just more candy! 


We also made these cookies because its not Valentine's day without at least a little chocolate & I thought the moms could enjoy them too. I wish I had a better picture, but the chocolate in the middle is heart-shaped. 

We started off Valentine's Day with a yummy breakfast! 


It fell on a Thursday this year and we had Little Gym. 


Afterwards, we had lunch with Mishell & Carly and headed home to finish up Cameran's Valentine. 

I saw this Root Beer Float Kit on Pinterest and thought it was cute. We never do anything big or out of the ordinary for Valentine's day so it was perfect. Also, Cameran is a big fan of things like root beer floats. Two weeks later and we are still making root beer floats. YUMMY! (: 

We made Addison a little Princess-themed Valentine's basket. She loved it, especially the candy. 

Cameran surprised me with two charms from James Avery. The giraffe and A Key to my Heart charm. I loved them both.

I ended the day with Swim Team practice with my Perry Penguins. We made these Penguin Oreo Pops when my mom was over. They were a big hit. It was a great Valentine's for us!

Here are the Cards for Grandparents. I originally wanted to make them all the handprints, but Addison was NOT a fan and it ended up being harder then I thought. I decided to just let her have more freedom and taped down a heart and just let her paint her little heart out. She liked that plan much better.

Dropping off the cards at the Mailbox

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I knew after Christmas/Thanksgiving crafts, I wasn't doing painted prints! Maybe next year will be easier!

    ReplyDelete